Retail is one of the industries that require high interpersonal skills. Therefore, you can find that most of the retail resume samples would advise you to show that you have the interpersonal skills. You should try to portray yourself as a very talkative person and this show be done from the beginning to the end of the resume.
The first tip that you can keep in mind is about the introduction part. In the retail resume samples, you would find that there is a part for you to list some key points which describe yourself. This part would be important if you are going to apply for the retail job because you need to state that you are willing to communicate with the others and you are eager to serve clients. These are the basic requirements for the people who apply for jobs related to retail.
On the other hand, the job of retail would also require experiences. This is also the reason why many people think that fresh graduates would be at a disadvantage in applying for the job. Yes, experienced people would try to include their working background in the first part of the resume in order to attract employers. This can also show that the new employers would not need to spend a lot of resources to teach you about the ground rules of the retail industry which can be quite complicated. Therefore, you should try to learn about how to show those things in your resume.
If you are interested in taking a look at the retail resume samples, you can read the one below.
XXXX, MM Street,
Email: [email protected]
Is willing to look for challenges and is seeking for some great opportunities in the retail field which could allow me to show the sales skills
Great sales skills
Good at computer programs like MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and the use of the Internet
Highly ambitious and is willing to take up responsibilities
Excellent in working under pressure
Able to communicate with teammates and with clients
XXXX Department store
Store Manager, 2009 to present
Major job duties:
1. To increase sales volume by 15% per quarter
2. To be responsible for training the new staff members
3. To design attractive plans for boosting sales
XXXX Stores Inc, NY
Retail Salesperson, 2006 - 2009
Major job duties:
1. To give response to some phone calls about the stores and products
2. To provide information to clients regarding product care, the use of product, etc
3. To be responsible for keeping promotional and sales record of the products
4. To handle payment related to product sales
5. To observe the needs of customers and provide useful suggestions in order to facilitate their purchase process
6. To maintain the operation of the stores and prevent the stores from theft and other related security risks
Bachelor's Degree in Arts,
The University of MEE, NC, 2005