Calling all Material Handlers! Come join our team of professionals in Newport RI!
GVI, Inc. is a Systems Engineering and Logistics & Program Management company providing services to government and commercial entities. GVI is a successful ANC-owned Small Disadvantaged Business with proven financial strength and stability. We perform a wide range of support across multiple contracts, with our core capabilities centered on Production Engineering and Depot Operations; SHIPALT / TEMPALT; Logistics Management; Inventory, Warehouse Management, and Kitting; Program Management; Financial, Contracts, and Process Management; Quality Assurance; Configuration management; and IUID Marking, Tracking, and Support.
This position requires the capability to load/unload/pack shipments for transport and perform the associated record keeping functions associated with warehouse and material handling.
• Physically locate, count, and keep track of inventories (Plant Property and Equipment)
• Perform Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (N-ERP) transactions to document material receipts/issues/disposal • Manually load/unload freight cars, trucks, or other transporting devices • Assist in material transfer, movement, or disposal
• Verify receipt/shipping documents for accuracy • From time to time, interface with customers and answer questions they may have with their equipment
• Perform clerical and physical/warehouse tasks related to shipping and receiving goods/shipments • Receiving and warehouse duties typically involve the following: • Verify incoming shipments against bills of lading, invoices, manifests, storage receipts, or other records, • Route materials to prescribed storage locations
• Palletize materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods
• Inventory and rearrange stored materials as required • Examine stored materials and report deterioration or damage
• Comply with all OSHA directives and requirements
• United States Citizenship
• Valid United States Driver’s License
• Must be able to pass a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
• Active Secret Clearance
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs.
• Knowledge of the use of hand/power trucks
• Knowledge of the US / DoD N-ERP inventory management systems preferred
“VEVRAA Federal Contractor”
Three Saints Bay, LLC and its subsidiaries offer a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated industry professionals. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government and commercial clients, both domestic and international. We are an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.