Calling all Chief Range Control Officers! Come join our team of professionals at Military Bases located across the country and abroad!
Shearwater Systems, LLC is a Mission Support Services company providing support to government and commercial entities in the areas of Project & Strategic Planning, Project design & Engineering, Administrative Services, Process & Document Management, and Base Operations Support Services (BOSS). Shearwater is an 8(a) Program certified, Alaska Native Corporation (ANC)-owned, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), Minority Business Enterprise (MBE). We are a subsidiary of Three Saints Bay, LLC, which is owned by Old Harbor Native Corporation. Our Company Headquarters is in Manassas, VA and our Corporate Headquarters is in Anchorage, AK.
The Chief Range Control Officer is responsible for overall safety of the range to include aircraft and ground personnel. The CRCO carries out all duties and responsibilities as defined by AFI 13-212 and as supplemented, maintains the RCO training program, current RCO Ready Reference File, and ensures all RCOs are designated and trained as Laser Safety Officers.
• Maintain operations currency and required certifications.
• Supervise all ground and flight operations on the range complex.
• Ensure safety.
• Respond to in-flight and ground emergencies.
• Ensure scoring systems and targets (including night lighting) are ready for operations.
• Ensure laser operations are conducted safely and protective eyewear is worn or that personnel are indoors behind closed blinds.
• Monitors weather and bird conditions, implement BASH plans.
• Control all flight and ground range operations IAW with all applicable regulations.
• Inspect strafe pits each day prior to first mission of the day.
• Perform monthly inspections of all range facilities and target areas.
• Maintain radio communications with operational flights.
• Notify flights of any range limitations or restrictions which may inhibit operational missions.
• Brief entering flights with range traffic, altimeter, and any range conditions that might compromise safety or effective mission accomplishment.
• Assign holding patterns IAW local AFI supplements.
• Monitor delivery pattern(s) for any unsafe practice or errors that could lead to mission compromise.
• Notify pilots of any gross errors committed.
• Notify pilots of any known or suspected weapons malfunction, dropped objects or unusual sightings that may affect mission performance.
• Complete all required daily, weekly or monthly documentation/reports.
• Ensure all mission support equipment is operational ready and that all maintenance personnel are in a safe location prior to scheduled missions.
• Thorough knowledge of the qualifications as described in the Air Force Instruction documentation AFI 13-212.
• Secret Clearance
• US Citizen
“VEVRAA Federal Contractor”
Three Saints Bay, LLC and its subsidiaries offer a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated industry professionals. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government and commercial clients, both domestic and international. We are an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.