Kiliuda Consulting, LLC provides expertise in the areas of Information Technology Consultation Services, User and System Virtualization, Information Research & Analysis, Cyber Security, Program Management, Administrative Services, and Document Management. Kiliuda is an 8(a) Program certified, Alaska Native Corporation (ANC)-owned, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB). We are a subsidiary of Three Saints Bay, LLC, which is owned by Old Harbor Native Corporation. Our Corporate Headquarters is located in Anchorage, AK and our Corporate Office is in Manassas, VA.
Position Overview: As a member of the information system management team, the Database Administrator (DBA) will join a group dedicated to providing database management in direct support of a federal client. An evolving and fast-paced IT environment, the DBA will function as an integral element in the installation, backup, recovery, security, maintenance, and documentation of database management operations.
• Install/Configure Database Management System (DBMS) software (i.e., MS SQL, Oracle) and software tools, third-party software or equipment.
Backup & Recovery:
• Perform database backup and recovery procedures.
• Develop/maintain on-site and off-site database backup and recovery policies and procedures to recover from database outages, data corruptions.
Security & Maintenance: Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs).
• Mitigate security findings from Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) and Security Technical Information Guidelines
• Maintain databases and database software with current patches and upgrades.
• Design databases as needed to accommodate growth, technology or projects.
• Provide oversight to database designs, participate in planning for changes to databases to accommodate organization growth or retirement of systems; maintain physical and logical database design, use best practices in data modeling activities to achieve optimal designs.
• Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams.
• Create and maintain database views and stored procedures to support reporting, applications and/or projects.
• Develop/maintain database schema version control
Monitor & Performance:
• Manage and monitor databases ( production, development, testing and training databases) to ensure optimal performance and prevent or reduce negative impact on system or users.
Support and documentation
• Be available to be reached 24 hours/day, 7days/week to respond to mission critical trouble calls.
• Develop database administration documentation to include standard procedures required to backup and restore database systems and to solve recurring system problems, entity relationship diagrams, database schemas, etc.
•Valid US Driver’s License
•Active Security Clearance preferred
•Must be able to pass DEA Clearance Check
•Minimum B.S. in Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar related field.
• Strong Knowledge of SQL server 2008/2012 or Oracle database management system,
• Working knowledge of Database backup and recovery scenarios
• Understanding/knowledge of DBMS security management
• Experience with RDBMS related utilities and tools
• Ability to perform both Database and operating system performance tuning and monitoring
• Solid knowledge of physical database design
• Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, exercise flexibility, and prioritize workload and deliverables within schedule constraints to deliver results.
• Must be well organized and detail oriented and possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
• Must be able to quickly learn new technologies, be highly collaborative, engaging, and conducting themselves professionally.
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas with a diverse group of people.
Highly desired but not required:
• Experience with T-SQL and/or PL/SQL scripting
• Good understanding of the underlying operating systems that support DBMS.
• Sound knowledge of the implemented Java/.NET application systems
• Understanding code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle
• Working understanding of ETL or Data Transformation Services (DTS) tasks required for the data migration.
• Familiar with TFS and Visual Studio database projects.
• MSCA SQL Server 2012 certification
• Must be able to travel up to 10% within CONUS
“VEVRAA Federal Contractor”
Three Saints Bay, LLC and its subsidiaries offer a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated industry professionals. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government and commercial clients, both domestic and international.
We are an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.