Position Summary & Expected Results: The Saw Operator will set up, operate and tend saws or machines that cut metal to the specified dimensions.|
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Receive, store, handle, cut and ship metal to meet shop and customer requirements.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving of materials per work order and purchase order.
- Complete paperwork associated with inventory.
- Load/unload machines with the aid of an overhead crane.
- Set up and operate saws, selecting proper feeds and speeds.
- Monitor sawing machines, adjusting speed, tension, and clearing jams to ensure proper operation.
- Adjust saw blades, inspect and measure work pieces to mark for cuts
- Verify the accuracy of cuts, using squares or caliper rules.
- Inspect stock for imperfections or to estimate grades or qualities of stock or work pieces.
- Examine blueprints, drawings, work orders or patterns to determine equipment set-up or selection details, procedures to be used, or dimensions of final products.
- Use standard measuring instruments to accurately measure precise tolerances
Qualification and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in the setup and operation of band saws.
- Ability to read basic blue prints.
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other team members.
- Accurate use of a tape measure, scales, tapes, calipers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing basic industrial math skills
- Ability and knowledge of the use of chains, cables and slings.
- Detail oriented and can handle a high volume workload.
- Self-starter who has a willingness to multitask
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time on a concrete floor with overtime. Shifts can be up to 10 hours per day, and scheduled 5 to 6 days per week
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently without assistance; greater weights with assistance
- Ability to bend, kneel and stoop frequently
- Ability to use arm, hands, and wrists to grasp, reach and perform other operations requiring moderate dexterity frequently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to follow all safety requirements at all times.
- Ability to operate an overhead crane and forklift.
- Ability to work in cold environments when the external temperature drops.
Work Environment: Normal shop environment that includes some exposure to noise, fumes and dust
Salary: $33,000.00 - $42,000.00 / $20.00/hr - $26.00/hr