* Set up, and operate Turning Centers to perform multiple machining and cutting operations.
* Must be willing to work overtime
* Must work well in a team environment and communicate openly and effectively with the team.
* Set up and operate Turning Centers using correct feeds and speeds while following standard operating procedures to produce good pieces within quality control limits per print.
* When necessary, takes corrective action and adjusts offsets to produce part within spec limits.
* Works under the general direction of the department supervisor with minimum supervision.
* Must be able to make changes to machine offsets.
* Responsible to assist with program management
* Properly document required information on work orders.
* Visually inspects parts for defects at prescribed intervals.
* To periodically make all required quality checks.
* Read and understand written work instructions.
* Instruct others on the setup and operation of the machine.
* Participates in team meetings and works well with team members. Actively participates in continuous improvement activities to assist team in meeting goals related to quality, cost, delivery, safety and morale.
* Learn and employ basic computer skills used to complete work orders
* Experience reading blue prints and using precision gauging equipment, such as micrometers and calipers.
* Conducts 100% visual inspection of lots as needed.
* Conducts 100% pin gauging of lots as needed.
* Ensures product quality to meet or exceed specifications.
* To maintain good housekeeping at all times in their assigned work areas.
* To develop their skills to a point that will enable them to produce quality parts at an acceptable production level determined by the averages of the department.
* Participates in operator training programs as a trainee or the trainer
* Works in other departments to help meet customer commitments which may include inspecting or sorting product, assists in keeping machines running or other activities.
* The Turning Setup person will be assigned additional duties as required to meet team goals. The objective is to do whatever is necessary to reach the overall goal of ensuring the highest possible level of production, quality and customer satisfaction.
* Utilize computer to find latest revision of procedures and work instructions.
* Logs on and off work orders properly.
* Identifies, contains, and follows all non-conformance procedures if a defective condition is found.
* Verifies that there is sufficient stock to proceed and that stock is correct for parts to be run.
* Move material or product to other areas via a hand jack or cart.
* Clean machines which include removing pump filter and clean debris and reinstall in machines.
* Observes all safety regulations in all duties.
* Performs other duties as required.
Salary: $50,000.00 - $52,000.00 / $20.00/hr - $25.00/hr
We need energetic, self-driven and outgoing sales people that can identify and make opportunities t
As the successful applicant, you will undertake a range of administrative functions including the m
We are recruiting for general workers with or without experience. About the role: Based in a busy w
Closing Date: 31 March 2019 Location: Cape Town Applicants are invited to join the Pragma Student T