Madison, WI, USA Full Time
Compensation: $30 to $36 Hourly RN starting rate is $30.00 an hour and LPN starting rate is $19.83.
LVN -LPN Jobs
Oakwood Village, located on the East/West side of Madison, is looking for talented individuals to come join our team. We have full time and part time positions available for all shifts. We offer benefits such as Health Care, Dental, Vision, and more. We also offer a 5,000 dollar sign-on bonus.
BASIC FUNCTION The RN position is accountable for participating in assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of resident care. The RN collaborates with nurses from all shifts, interdisciplinary staff, and physicians on issues related to the management and coordination of resident care. Responsibilities include direct resident and family care and leadership of LPN and CNA staff. The RN is accountable to the RN Supervisor. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES Clinical Resident Care 1. Performs resident care, such as medication, treatment, therapy, admissions/discharge assessments, and education of resident and family.
2. Leads the assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, and documentation of resident condition and care.
3. Documents and reports change in condition, interventions, and resident response. Initiates, follows through, or discontinues acute care plans as appropriate.
4. Updates resident Care Plan and problem list as appropriate.
5. Communicates Care Plan changes with Nursing Care Coordinator.
6. Completes MDS's as assigned.
7. Attends care conferences as appropriate.
8. Follows up on Pharmacy on Pharmacy Medication action plans as assigned.
9. Communicates changes in condition to MD, family, and team members in a timely manner.
10. Delivers nursing care in compliance with HSS 132 standards and all Federal tags and policies.
11. Collaborates with nursing team, medical consultants, and other team members to ensure resident and family needs are met.
12. Completes double & triple checks of new physician orders. Completes MAR monthly check of orders as delegated.
13. Serves as a consultant to the LPN/Med Tech.
14. Completes Daily Medicare assessments as assigned.
15. Documents in a timely manner in the EMAR and completes all other assigned assessments per facility policy.
16. Communicates all patient care needs to MD to request orders for changes of treatment plan. Team Leading 1. Gives shift to shift report.
2. Informs Nurse Supervisor or DON of staff concerns/issues.
3. Carries out compliance rounds as needed.
4. Facilitates development of knowledge and skills of CNAs and other staff nurses.
5. Performs relief supervisor and team leader roles as needed. Communicates to CNAs their job performance.
6. Serves as a role model for resident care.
7. Advises and assists LPNs, Med Techs, CNAs, volunteers, and CNA helpers.
8. Assists in interviewing qualified candidates to meet unit needs.
9. Delegates as appropriate. Budgeting 1. Evaluates and reports to RN Supervisor/DON/NHA efficacy of staffing pattern.
2. Uses cost effective techniques. Family Support 1. Ensures families of residents are knowledgeable of resident status and prognosis.
2. Informs Nurse Manager or RN Supervisor of family concerns/issues. Education 1. Provides in-service training to other staff members in coordination with Human Resources staff development guidelines.
2. Advises Nurse Manager/RN Supervisor/Staff Development Coordinator of topics of interest for continuing education.
3. Identifies personal professional strengths and areas for development.
4. Attends continuing education offerings to maintain current knowledge of trends and practices in nursing and long term care. QUALIFICATIONS
1. Knowledge of HSS 132 and all Federal tags preferred.
2. Knowledge of Medicare requirements.
3. Ability to work in a partnership environment which fosters effective team work in meeting the mission of Oakwood.
4. Ability to use independent judgment and make sound decisions.
5. Demonstrates effective time management.
6. Compliance with Oakwood's Nursing dress code policy.
7. Willingness to work every other weekend, holidays, and occasional overtime schedule.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND/OR TRAINING
1. Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Wisconsin.
2. One year relevant nursing experience preferred.
3. CPR certification preferred.
4. Knowledgeable in geriatric care.