Primary Business Objectives • Influence system architecture by identifying and recommending designs and requirements needed for enhancements
• Participate in design and wireframe review to provide a technical perspective on implementation and suggest improvements
• Review detailed application requirements and collaborate with project/development teams to ensure quality, function, features, and user experience
• Diagnose complex issues, and evaluate, recommend, and execute the best resolution
• Write code that meets the production requirements and design specifications, and anticipate potential errors/issues
• Lead a hands-on development team to respond, clarify or define specific application behavior, look/feel and function
• Engage with technical and business stakeholders to understand platform requirements, design solutions, prioritize and streamline delivery, and lead development
• Provide recommended configurations for platform deployment in replicated and failover configurations (critical skill)
• Monitor current and future trends, technology and information that will positively affect organizational projects; apply and integrate emerging technological trends into new and existing systems architecture.
Requirements This candidate must have strong skills in the following domains: • Web services, REST APIs • Micro-service architectures
• Java-based programming
• Web security (encryption, authentication, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of application servers and deployment options/configurations
• Application performance, scalability, and maintenance.
• Deployment mechanisms
• Database integration (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, Mongo, etc.)
• Agile methodology.
• Source control in a team environment (Git) Education and Experience • BS/BA in computer science or related field.
• 5+ years experience in web technologies, including web services and scaleable architectures.