Job Title: Technician, Engineering IV
Security Clearance Required: Active Secret Work Week: Monday to Friday
Hours: 6:00am – 5:00pm
Flexible Hours: Yes, Flexible Work Location: Newport, Rhode Island 02840
Position Overview: GVI is supporting customers from various submarine systems department. This position will be part of the Hulled Sensor Systems (HSS) group in Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Newport and ideal for prior enlisted Navy personnel in the following rating/classifications: Sonar Tech, Electronics Technician, Machinist Mate (submarine or surface). Prior military/navy service preferred but not required.
Important Information: Ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Clearance is required; candidates currently possessing an Active Secret Clearance are preferred. Special Instructions: > Please identify your salary expectations when applying. GVI, Inc., a subsidiary of Three Saints Bay, LLC, is a Systems Engineering and Logistics & Program Management company providing services to government and commercial entities. GVI is a successful ANC-owned Small Disadvantaged Business with proven financial strength and stability. We perform a wide range of support across multiple contracts, with our core capabilities centered on Production Engineering and Depot Operations; SHIPALT / TEMPALT; Logistics Management; Inventory, Warehouse Management, and Kitting; Program Management; Financial, Contracts, and Process Management; Quality Assurance; Configuration Management; and IUID Marking, Tracking, and Support.
• Maintain sensor installation control drawings, ship's plans, wiring diagrams, checkout procedures;
• Respond to CASREPS;
• Maintain Fleet problem and resolution Helpline;
• Provide corrective action for Fleet operational/installation problems including:
• Fleet support/field engineering;
• Failure analysis;
• Engineering recommendations and solutions to Fleet related problems;
• Perform testing/troubleshooting;
• Technical documentation;
• Answer technical/non-technical calls and email from Fleet and Fleet Support activities;
• Provide primary interface/liaison services to the fleet and supporting activities;
• Coordinate shipboard and/or field support when HSS ISEA services are requested.
• US Citizen;
• Ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Clearance; candidates currently possessing an Active Secret Clearance are preferred;
• High School graduate, or GED;
• Minimum of four (4) years related experience in submarine sensor/sonar systems operation, maintenance;
• Must have a valid U.S. driver's license; • Ability to frequently lift 50 lbs;
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills; • Excellent customer service skills;
• Strong preference will be given to those candidates with experience in Towed Handling Systems, Towed Arrays, and Hull Sensor Systems gained through prior enlistment with the Navy.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor Three Saints Bay, LLC and its subsidiaries offer a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated industry professionals. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government and commercial clients, both domestic and international. We are an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.