Senior Scientist – Flow Cytometry
Resource Solutions is working on behalf of our client, Q2 Solutions, the world’s second largest clinical laboratory services provider. Launched in 2015 through a joint venture between Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions is focused on helping biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights.
• Assist with optimizing and improving flow cytometry operations
• Perform routine technical troubleshooting of flow cytometry instruments and assays • Perform bench work and routine gating for operational support
• Performs data analysis and reporting of flow cytometry clinical samples across a variety of cytometry assays.
• Provides technical expertise, leadership and support for flow cytometry operations for assay/result troubleshooting.
• Reviews and documents the results of technology transfers and process improvement validations. Collaborates with the Translational Sciences Laboratory where appropriate.
• Investigate and resolve operational and quality issues within the flow cytometry department.
• Write and review standard operating procedures and policies for the department.
• Assist in the qualification and validation of new or repaired instruments.
• Assists with training for flow cytometry staff for new and existing assays.
• All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A good understanding of equipment, software and processes of flow cytometry and the overall subject area.
• Knowledge of clinical and/or research laboratory environment and quality control procedures.
• Excellent Excel skills.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and work to short deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
• Good oral communication skills.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
• Bachelors degree in chemical, physical, biological science, or clinical laboratory science
• 5+ years of laboratory related experience with Flow Cytometry, experience in regulated clinical lab is preferred • CLIA and ASCP certification is highly preferred, not required About our Client
With more than 9 million clinical laboratory tests managed annually, we are committed to providing our customers an innovative, progressive and responsive partner with the quality focus, global experience and deep medical expertise integral to drug, medical device and diagnostic development.
We work collaboratively with our customers, business partners and colleagues to lead the industry and live our customer promise of providing Actionable Insights for Better Health™.
Our commitment to innovation is how we’re building better clinical laboratory services for our customers’ – we call it “the lab of the future.” The lab of the future will help our customers develop drugs faster and more efficiently. Learn more about how we partner with our customers to build the lab of the future through: Tailored Solutions, Delivery Excellence and Shaping Outcomes. What we Offer
• Major Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability
• Annual bonus
• 401(k) with 100% vesting after 2 years
• Tuition Reimbursement up to $6k annually
• Generous paid time off and holiday leave
• Other generous benefits
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled