Job Title: Deputy Program Manager (DPM) for USPTO Knowledge Management Security Clearance Required: N/A Work Week: Monday - Friday Hours: Flexible Hours: Work Location: Alexandria, VA Position Overview: Provide direction and oversight of a multi-functional service contract. Exercises independent judgment and analytical skills in solving complex and unusual managerial and technical problems. Provides management and technical direction of program and provides internal planning, guidance and management structure for tracking accomplishment of work assigned. Assists Program Manager with contract level projects.
Important Information: Must be able to pass a background check
Special Instructions: Shearwater Systems, LLC is a Mission Support Services and Facility Support Services company providing support to government and commercial entities. Shearwater is an 8(a) Program certified, Alaska Native Corporation (ANC)-owned, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB). We are a subsidiary of Three Saints Bay, LLC, which is owned by Old Harbor Native Corporation. Our Corporate Headquarters is located in Anchorage, AK and our Operational Office is in Manassas, VA.
• Provide direction and oversight to working supervisors, team leaders or staff in other types of leadership positions. Organizes, directs and coordinates planning and production.
• Oversee tasks, projects or task orders that very in size and complexity with staff ranging from only a few to 30 or more employees. Ensure maximum effectiveness in use of resources. Provide innovative management solution to client. Lead or assist with all activities related to staffing such as: recruitment, orientation, training, staff production, counseling, remediation, evaluations and performance appraisals, and voluntary or involuntary separation
• Assist PM in providing innovative management solutions to client. Contribute to new initiatives or projects, for example, contributes to formal training, initiatives for new examiners. Assist PM with development of plans to address workload spikes
• Provides input for reports and for other deliverables
• Works with client on the evolution of performance standards for a wide variety of activities including information or technical research, library services, instructional design and records management
• Provide support for marketing and outreach activities and for informal and formal events with client and staff
• Meet routinely with the Government and contract staff. Preparation for, attendance at and follow-up for the meetings may absorb as much as 50% of the average week. Assist the PM with confirming that new projects for initiatives fall with-in LOE (level of effort. Communicates client expectations to contract staff
• Authorization to work in the U.S.
• Ability to pass a background check
• Bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in Library Science
• Three years of management or leadership experience
• Experienced information provider with expertise using large commercial database systems (Dialog or CAS STN) and experience in providing prior art for patents or has other technical database searching experience.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Three Saints Bay, LLC and its subsidiaries offer a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated industry professionals. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government and commercial clients, both domestic and international.
We are an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.