UR Medicine is made up of many parts, all devoted to providing highly advanced medical care. Our Mission of “Ever Better” means we improve the well-being of patients and communities by delivering innovative, compassionate, patient and family-centered health care, enriched by education, science and technology.
Strong Recovery is looking for an individual to join their Outpatient team as a Family Addiction Therapist. In partnership with patients, families, and the community, Strong Recovery promotes recovery from addiction and co-occurring disorders (such as mental illness) through an integrated care model. The Family Addiction Therapist’s purpose is to provide counseling services centered on family concerns to persons with substance abuse disorders. This includes patient intake, individual and group therapy approaches. Primary responsibilities include:
• Provides direct clinical services to assigned patients which may include taking a primary therapist and/or case management role (IE: Group and 1: 1 therapy in the form of intensive groups or aftercare groups).
• Evaluates drug and alcohol usage and determines level of care needed.
• May give lectures/talks on specific topics to patients and their families.
• Participates in on-call activities, including after hours and on-call if necessary, in liaison with Psych ED, Psychiatric Consultation, Employee Assistance Program, etc.
• Participates in the routine committee processes and complies with departmental quality assurance and staff development activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services related field required • Prefer: Master’s degree in a Human Service field, or Master’s prepared.
• 5+ years of related experience in drug/alcohol dependence treatment preferred • Prior experience facilitating family and adolescent therapy sessions preferred
• Certification as Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) required.
UR Medicine is dedicated to providing our employees with top-notch family care as part of our extensive benefits package. By offering diverse programs, support, and resources to our employees and their families, we strive to support a healthy work-life balance. Benefits offerings include:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Family Care
• Perks, Services and Discounts
• Wellness Programs
• Fitness Center
• Tuition Reimbursement and Discounted Tuition
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled