UR Medicine is made up of many parts, all devoted to providing highly advanced medical care. Our Mission of “Ever Better” means we improve the well-being of patients and communities by delivering innovative, compassionate, patient and family-centered health care, enriched by education, science and technology.
Strong Recovery is looking for an individual to join their Outreach team as a Rehabilitation Therapist. In partnership with patients, families, and the community, Strong Recovery promotes recovery from addiction and co-occurring disorders (such as mental illness) through an integrated care model. The Rehabilitation Therapist’s purpose is to work with patients on a vocational level, assisting them in reaching educational and/or employment goals.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Collaborates with Outpatient team members to provide coordinated care
• Assesses successful completion of goals and plans termination of psychiatric rehab services along with the primary Therapist.
• Mobilizes family and natural support networks when necessary.
• Collaborates with and maintains cooperative working relationships with community, healthcare agencies, and the professional and administrative staff of UR Medicine.
• Contributes to the vision and mission of the CCBHC.
• Coordinates with support staff regarding patient scheduling, fees, and insurance issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services related field required • Prefer: Master’s degree in a Mental Health/Addiction field.
• 2-3 years of relevant experience working with adults and/or adolescents regarding mental health/substance use disorder concerns. • Prior experience working in a vocational setting, helping others reach educational and/or vocational goals.
UR Medicine is dedicated to providing our employees with top-notch family care as part of our extensive benefits package. By offering diverse programs, support, and resources to our employees and their families, we strive to support a healthy work-life balance. Benefits offerings include:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Family Care
• Perks, Services and Discounts
• Wellness Programs
• Fitness Center
• Tuition Reimbursement and Discounted Tuition
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 213151