Marine Transport Specialist
Security Clearance Required:
Monday – Friday
US Coast Guard Headquarters, Washington, DC
Provide support services to the United States Coast Guard Vessel Response Plan Program through the review and approval of federally mandated oil spill response contingency plans.
Must be able to pass a background check prior to employment
Shearwater Systems, LLC is a Mission Support Services and Facility Support Services company providing support to government and commercial entities. Shearwater is an 8(a) Program certified, Alaska Native Corporation (ANC)-owned, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB). We are a subsidiary of Three Saints Bay, LLC, which is owned by Old Harbor Native Corporation. Our Corporate Headquarters is located in Anchorage, AK and our Operational Office is in Manassas, VA.
• Complete technical reviews of new Vessel Response Plans, revisions, and plan amendments using client-approved checklists and guidance to ensure compliance with applicable maritime regulations
• Enter and maintain data in the VRP Express plan tracking database and the Coast Guard’s Marine Information for Safety and Law Enforcement database
• Communicate with members of the maritime industry via e-mail and phone to answer plan status inquiries and resolve issues
• Receive and log incoming correspondence
• Ensure that plan reviews are completed on or before deadlines
• Provide detailed written analysis of plan review findings to vessel owners and operators that include regulatory citations.
• Perform in-depth reviews of oil spill removal organizations and salvage and marine firefighting resource providers
• Assist in the review of alternative planning criteria for vessels operating in remote locations
• Learn new regulatory requirements related to Vessel Response Plans and support the implementation process
• Create job aids to assist vessel owners and operators in submitting plans for review
•Must be able to pass a background check
•Minimum two years' experience
•Excellent written and oral communication skills
•Ability to learn and use multiple databases
•Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Adobe
•Ability to perform program analysis and research
•Ability to provide written findings as result of analysis
•Ability to adapt to a fluctuating workload
•Must be able to work with minimal supervision
•Knowledge of maritime regulations, maritime operation practices, or oil spill removal a plus
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Three Saints Bay, LLC and its subsidiaries offer a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated industry professionals. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government and commercial clients, both domestic and international.
We are an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.